The other day I caved and had a slice of white bread toasted with peanut butter.
Oh-Mi-Gawd! It was so good.
I try not to stress it, but sometimes it just happens. I control it as best as I can and make sure I’m well hydrated and have high-quality snacks on hand, but there are days where it’s all too much and I just want the carbs. Hence the bread.
An hour later I had the worst brain fog. Couldn’t remember anything, and my effort level was a 2. Yep, all that from a slice of bread.
Doing a recipe clean up the other day I came across this 90-second gluten-free bread. It was quick and it was simple. So I gave it a go.
Well, it hit the spot. The best part, I know I can quickly whip this up whenever I need.
Also known keto bread, this recipe will be your go-to for a muffin, burger or a plain old sandwich.
90 Second Low Carb Keto Bread
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium/large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl or ramekin. Add the almond flour, egg and baking powder to the butter. Beat with a fork until completely mix.
- Microwave for about 90 seconds, until firm. Run a knife along the edge and flip over a plate to release.
- Slice in half (or thirds), then toast in the toaster or in a skillet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C
- Bake in a ramekin for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.