Broccoli is a staple in our house, we pretty much eat it every day, and before you ask, no I don’t get sick of it.
After a day out caching, we wanted something quick and easy. Kebabs went on to the barbie, and I was in charge of the side dish.
It was then I thought, “hmm we haven’t had the no potato salad in a while”. So I decided to whip this up.
This particular recipe is done with cauliflower, which don’t get me wrong I love, but one day I decided to make it with broccoli, and let me tell you it was life-changing.
The original recipe can be found here on Paleo Australia – Bacon & No Potato Salad.
I’ve also made this salad to be vegetarian, just don’t include the bacon. Or keep it separate for those bacon lovers out there to put it on top.
- 1 head of broccoli (include the stem)
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cooled & chopped
- 1/4 pickles, chopped
- 1 slice of middle bacon or 2 shortcut bacon, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Hard boil an egg to your liking, set aside, allowing to cool.
- Cut the stem of the broccoli, peeling the sides, and chop into bite size pieces.
- Place in a steamer (5 minutes)
- Cut the florets of the broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Place in a steamer (3 minutes)
- Remove from heat, and place the steam broccoli in your serving bowl
- Fry the bacon to your liking
- Combined all the ingredients in the broccoli bowl with the mayonnaise, then season with salt and pepper.
Best served cold but still delicious warm.