The long pale green stalks offer the perfect crunch when up teamed with a dip like my creamy hummus.
I first discovered this recipe thanks to my mother in law who served it up as a side salad for a summertime feast.
The crunch of the celery with the sweetness of the fruit and the tart of the lime, oh was just divine.
The original recipe can be found on Bon Appetit
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 8 celery stalks, washed and thinly sliced
- 6 dates pitted & coarsely chopped
- 3 tbls of lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or to taste)
- 60g shaved parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, pulse the almonds until they are smaller chunks
- Lightly fry the almonds in 1 tbls of olive oil until golden brown. Set aside to cool down.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Use slivered or almond flakes
- Don’t have dates? Sultana’s or Cranberries make a great alternative substitute. Use ¼ cup instead
This salad is the perfect dish to take to a BBQ or a picnic.