I love a good snack. Recently while trying to find another recipe I stumbled upon this recipe for protein balls.
Since my allergy testing, I’ve gotten a lot more serious about removing gluten from my diet. It still makes an appearance every now and then, but I know which gluten sources I can eat (like cookies but moderation), and can’t (bread, a good quality sourdough is an exception).
Snack options have become limited. Which is why I love these balls to snack on. They are quick, pack a punch and I can take anywhere.
The original recipe can be found here on Whole Food Simply
True Protein Balls
- ¼ cup Macro Almond/Cashew Butter
- 2 tbls Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup Banana Honey True Protein Powder
- 2 tbls Cacoa or Cocoa Powder
- 2 tps hot water
- 2 tbls coconut oil
- Place the almond/cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut oil & salt in a bowl
- Mix until combined
- Add the protein powder, cacoa/cocoa & hot water and mix until it resembles a cookie dough consistency.
- Shape into balls, and place in the fridge to set.
Makes 14-20 balls (depending on size).
These balls are freezable, and a great fuel alternative for when you are out running.