I have this display folder of recipes that I find in magazines.
I’ve properly only made a small percentage of these recipes.
While searching for another recipe (that I’ve made a few times), I came across this one.
The original recipe can be found here
Dried peaches must be a seasonal item, as I can’t get them at the moment in my supermarket, so I subbed peaches for apricots.
Delicious either way.
Apricot & Macadamia Bliss Balls
- 200g dried apricots, chopped
- 150g (1 cup) macadamia nuts
- 2tbs chia seeds
- 1 ½ tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon or lime rind
- 70g (⅔ cup) desiccated coconut
- 35g to go into the mix
- 35g or less to coat
- 1 tbs lemon or lime juice
- Place the apricots macadamias, chia seeds, oil, rind and ⅓ cup of coconut in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the lemon or lime juice and process further until a sticky mixture forms.
- Place remaining ⅓ cup of coconut in a bowl or plate.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into your hands until ball forms.
- Roll in the coconut.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Makes 18-20 balls.