Naan bread is something that just goes hand in with a curry, and we love a good curry in our house. I mean Kayla’s favourite dish is Butter Chicken, and Miles loves it when I do Faux Butter Chicken because he just loves to eat all those black mushrooms.
That’s when I came across this recipe for Gluten Free Pita/Flatbread.
With all the ingredients at hand, I thought to myself “I’ve got this”. It, however, turned out nothing like the recipe.
Flat, er no, they turned out more like little clouds. Light and fluffy. Almost scone-like. They did give me the bread fix I needed, but I would suggest using these to have with a heartwarming soup, like my caramelised onion soup.
An added bonus is that they also freeze well.
Gluten-Free Cloud Bread
- 2 Cups of Gluten-Free Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of milk (of your choice), warmed
- 1/4 cup of natural/greek yoghurt, warmed
- if you don’t have yoghurt, sub with more milk
- 1 tbls butter
- Preheat the Oven to 200°c
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients
- In a saucepan, melt butter and warm milk and yoghurt until all combined and it has an even consistency
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and stir until combined
- Use a spoon to scoop and place on a tray with baking paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes