When you exercise as much as I do it can be hard to keep your hair looking fresh.
Washing your hair every day isn’t ideal. So when I first came across dry shampoo I found it a real life saver.
The idea behind dry shampoo is to soak up the oil and grease in your hair, helping you to give a fresher cleaner look.
There are so many dry shampoo products on the market, but did you know it’s actually really simple to make your own.
- ¼ cup of cornflour/cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Old make up brush, or boar bristle brush
- Mix the cornflour, cocoa powder and essential oil (if using)
- Store the mix in a jar
- Apply with the old makeup brush or boar bristle brush to the roots of your hair
- Style as usual
I have dark hair hence the cocoa powder. If your hair is lighter, play around with the quantity to see what works for you.
The essential oil is optional, but it does help to make your hair feel fresher. I used patchouli oil, as that’s all I had available. Use an essential oil you like the smell of.
I store my dry shampoo mix in a powdered sugar shaker. You can pick these up in the baking section of any good supermarket or discount store. This will make it easier to dispense and store.
How do you keep your hair looking fresh and clean in between washes?