I had this wonderful recipe for a pumpkin and cauliflower curry for the pressure cooker. But could I find it? No.
Which is how I stumbled upon this recipe. It seemed quick and easy. Wins in my book.
Sweet Potato Cauliflower Curry
The original recipe can be found here at The Minimalist Baker
- 1 head cauliflower, loosely chopped
- 2 tbls of coconut oil, ghee or olive oil
- 1 tbsp Clives of India curry powder
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, ghee or olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-size portions
- 1 tsp Clives of india curry powder
- ¼ tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar or palm sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 200°c
- On a baking tray, add the chopped cauliflower, season with oil, curry powder, and salt.
- Toss to combine and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside
- In the meantime, heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add oil, onion, ginger & garlic and saute for approx 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the curry powder and stir to combine. Cook for a further minute.
- Add the sweet potato, curry powder, and salt. Stir to coat and cook for 2 minutes uncovered.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, coconut/palm sugar.
- Stir to combine
- Reduce heat to low until simmering.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pea’s & lemon juice and stir until coated.
- Once pea’s are cooked stir in the baked cauliflower
- Serve with rice.