The chickpea is such a versatile legume in the kitchen.
What’s great about them, is that you can eat them hot or cold.
They can be they star of the meal, or the support.
They can be featured in stews, or salads. Turned into a snack. Or of course you can always puree them to make hummus, which is always a hit when it comes to dips.
While on holidays I made a variation of this chickpea salad, for my vegetarian father in law.
Needless to say it was a hit.
Best of all it’s super easy to make.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 sprigs of spring onion, chopped
- ½ a block of feta (of your choice, I like Danish)
- 1 medium-large tomato, chopped
- Parsley or coriander to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tps lemon or lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain chickpeas
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Gently mix until all combined
What’s your favourite dish feature the chickpea?