So there is no denying I love food. Go check out my Instagram feed for meal inspirations.
While I struggled to think of 5 things to grab in a house fire, I’m struggling on JUST 5 things for this challenge.
You can only choose five foods to eat for an entire year, what do you choose?
If I could pick 10 it would be:
With my list of 10 I could do these things:
- Render lard from bacon fat
- Make mayo with the eggs and the oil from the olives (I would need a lot of olives, but hey olive oil still comes from olives, so it counts).
- I can use the cabbage leaves as an alternative to bread/taco’s/pasta and even rice.
- I can make flour and milk from the almonds.
It’s safe to say if I had those 10 items, I could make a variety of delicious food.
Since this post is all about food, I thought I would share a recipe. I’m calling it the Triple C because it it’s a Chicken Cabbage Casserole.
- 6-8 Chicken Drumsticks (skin on or off)
- 1 slice of bacon
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 jar of passata sauce
- ⅓-1/2 head of cabbage shredded
- Place all ingredients in your slower cooker in the list ordered.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with vegetables, rice or pasta.
If you had to choose 5 foods to eat for an entire year what would you choose?
Any foods that you use to hate and now love?
Do you have any food allergies?