Well it’s here, it has arrived. In 2 days time (Sunday) myself and my team will be accepting the challenge of Tough Mudder. For others they will be completing their challenge tomorrow (Saturday)
This will mark my 2nd Tough Mudder event, but it will also my first as apart of a team. Go Team Pinnacle!
Before the event
- Start a half marathon training plan (don’t worry about time, you just want to get the distance into your legs).
- Weight training ie pull ups, burpees, lunges, squats.
- Train in weather that is hot, cold & most importantly – wet.
- Practice training with fuel
- Banana’s will be supplied on the course however you may need a pick me up before you get to a fuel station.
- Test out what works for you, as some of you may prefer real food, others may be fine with gels.
- Print off your ticket. Also store it on your phone via dropbox or google drive (for just in case)
- Print off your death waiver (and a spare, you just never know when you will need it).
In your Tough Mudder bag make sure you have the following:
- Tough Mudder ticket
- Signed & initialled Death Waiver
- This is for parking & anything you may want to buy
- Atm’s will be available however just bring cash
- Old DriFit Clothing
- It will get muddy stained, dirty and possibly even damaged. So don’t wear your good threads.
- Old running shoes
- The type of shoes you can donate/giveaway at the end of the race
- Yes a skip will be supplied for you to donate your ‘muddy’ shoes
- Towel x2
- 1 large, 1 small
- Shower stuff
- Shower gel is supplied however it’s not much, so just bring your own
- Change of clothes
- Check the weather, and bring something warm to wear.
- I forgot to bring this last time, and I got wind burn. Sunscreen would have prevented this.
- Hat & Gloves
- This is totally optional. Personally I wouldn’t wear a hat. It will just get in the way with some obstacles
- If you choose to wear gloves, makes sure they are weight lifting ones, and ones that you don’t care will get ruined by mud and water.
- Food & Drink
- Yes there will be caravans with food supplies. However you may not like what is on offer, but I bet you wont care cause you will seriously be starving.
- Personally I hope the crepe van is there again. Oh my word, the prosciutto crepe I had was divine!
- If you however suffer from allergies or food sensitivities then I strongly recommend bring your own food to enjoy after you complete the race.
Most importantly go out have fun and CRUSH IT!