I have a new love of eggs. You would not believe how many eggs with go through in this household.
Which is why on of my goals is to set up a chicken coop. That way I can have free range eggs right at my finger tips.
Chickens would also make great pets for the kids.
Eggs are used in so many different ways. Hard boiled, poached, scrambled, as a binder, a coating, just to name a few.
Eggs are a fantastic protein source, which is no wonder why body-builders eat a lot of eggs, or egg whites more specifically.
This omelette recipe is super easy, and low in calories (if you are into that)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 50g of low fat cottage cheese (I use the Bulla Brand)
- 25g of frozen peas (optional)
- butter/oil (to coat pan)
- Whisk the eggs and the cottage cheese together in a bowl.
- Coat a small (non stick) fry pan with butter or oil (or use a spray)
- On medium heat (for me it's in-between gas mark 3-4 even though I have an electric oven), poor mix into pan.
- Add peas if using.
- Flip or fold when top of mix becomes solid.
Don’t want to waste the egg yolk, then just make it a 2 egg omelette. Or save the egg yolk to make mayonnaise.
Macro’s – 133 calories, 4g carbs, 6g fat, 15g protein