I stumbled across this cauliflower recipe in the free Woolworths Fresh magazine.
I’ve made modifications to the original recipe and it’s a winner in our house.
It’s easy, tasty, but most importantly clean! No nasties in this recipe.
- 500g cauliflower (about ½ a large cauliflower), cut into large chunks
- 300g sweet potato (you can use pumpkin if you don't have enough or don't have any), cut up into 1cm cubs
- 2 large potatoes, sliced or cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed (you can use jar if you don't have fresh)
- 1tsp fresh ginger (Optional)
- 1tbls curry powder (I use Clive's of India dry powder)
- 2tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp of coconut oil or ghee
- Heat oil in a stock pot/pressure cooker, over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for approx 2 mins.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin and cook for a further min.
- Add tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
- Add prepared vegetables, reduce heat to simmer for 20-30 mins until tender.
- add peas and cook for a further 5 mins until peas cooked.
If you can handle rice or couscous this works well with that, but you don’t need it in my opinion.