I love to bake. Which can be a bit of a problem with weight loss. However I do like to have my cake and eat it too.
I just am a lot more concious of what I bake.
This particular recipe is dead easy, and is only 155cals per muffin (when making 12), or 75 when you are making mini cup cakes (30 mini cup cakes at 25g each). Yes I did work out the calorie content.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g of butter
- 80g of caster sugar
- 150g of chocolate chips (about ½ cup)
- 2 eggs
- 225ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f/Gas Mark 6.
- Grease a muffin pan, or line with cases.
- Mix all the ingredients but the chocolate chips in a bowl.
- When the batter is mixed, add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for approx 15 mins for the mini cup cakes 18-20 for muffins.
- Cool in tin for approx 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack.
You can ice them, but I don’t bother, they are sweet enough.